Recipe by VegasJen
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. This is a dish I created after my Fiance added leftover cream cheese based spinach dip to scrambled eggs one morning. It's decadent but still light at the same time. I like to use a little all purpose greek seasoning instead of adding salt.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup raw shrimp, de-veined and thawed, if using frozen
- 1 cup spinach, thawed and drained if using frozen
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs and cream cheese lightly with a fork. Don't worry about cream cheese chunks; they will melt when heated.
- Saute onion in the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and shrimp; saute for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is just done. Add spinach to the pan and let cook until just wilted and warm. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet or saute pan slowly over low heat until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside on a paper towel lined plate to cool; crumble bacon.
- Add Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns to the bacon pan and cook until browned, stirring occasionally to keep potatoes from forming together.
- Add the whisked egg and cream cheese to the pan and let set partially. Fold in cooked shrimp mixture and the crumbled bacon. Gently push eggs around the the pan to incorporate the potatoes until eggs are cooked through.
- Garnish with feta cheese and fresh diced tomato; season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Note: You don't need much salt if you use the feta!