1/1 Photo of Shrimp Gumbo
Shrimp Gumbo is a fast microwave soup that is quick and easy to prepare. We love it with a loaf of sourdough french bread. I made a few changes to the original recipe from Barbara Kafka's Microwave Gourmet Heathstyle Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 3 stalks celery, with leaves,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 scallions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb spicy sausage, cut into chunks and fried
- 8 ounces fresh okra, trimmed and sliced into 1 inch pieces or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced okra
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1Combine garlic, pepper, celery, scallions, chili powder, thyme, and oil into a 2-1/2 quart microwave-safe casserole dish.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap.
- 3Cook at 100% for 10 minutes.
- 4Prick plastic to release steam.
- 5Remove from oven and uncover.
- 6Mound vegetable in the center of the dish.
- 7Arrange shrimp and sausage around vegetables and place okra in the center, on top of the vegetables.
- 8Pour tomatoes over shrimp.
- 9Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- 10Cook for 3 minutes.
- 11Prick plastic.
- 12Stir ingredients well.
- 13Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- 14Prick plastic.
- 15Remove from oven.
- 16Uncover and add broth.
- 17Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Gumbo
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.0
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 129.5 mg
- Sodium 650.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: