Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy grits with shrimp, ham and mushrooms.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces lean ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil. whisk in the grits, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour intro a large bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar chees, all of the Paremesean cheese and eggs.
- Season to taste eith black pepper.
- While grits cook, melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the mushroom, ham and green onions and saute until the mushrooms are golden.
- Stir in the garlic and sherry and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the mushroom mixture into the grits.
- Sprinkle theshrimp with the garlic salt and stir them into the grits.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 minute, until the shrimp are done.