Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe appeared on a Food TV network show. The recipe is courtesy of Martha Nesbit
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add grits and cook until water is absorbed about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well.
- Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink.
- Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl.
- Add shrimp mixture and mix well.
Wonderful and easy to make!!
I made this for our Christmas brunch and it was a HUGE hit with everyone! Was seriously decadent and perfect for a special holiday meal.
I think I made this YEARS ago - and the recipe disappeared! Our Easter plans were delayed, and I had some good shrimp and defrosted bacon -- this was easily put together and VERY tasty. Will keep it handy to do again. Thanks, James ! Janey