Recipe by K & c
A no cook, gourmet cold Spanish soup. Tangy and satisfying. Great addition to a dinner party. I found this recipe in Family Circle Magazine.
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled cored, seeded and diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 cups tomato juice, the thicker the better
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mince fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fully cooked shrimp, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine cucumber, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and green pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine tomato juice, chicken broth, clam juice, vinegar, oregano, basil, pepper sauce, salt, pepper; pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate covered, several hours or overnight.
- Divide soup into 4 bowls, and top with shrimp.
- Serve chilled (cook time is chill time).