1/1 Photo of Shrimp Gazpacho
katie in the UP's Note:
DH doesn't like gazpacho...but loves shrimp cocktail! I found this recipe in the June Food Everyday magazine. No complaints last night! Perfect light summer meal! I served it with grilled garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 3 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet peppers, I used fresh
- red pepper, but recipe calls for jarred
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and cook on both sides (may have to do it in batches).
- 2In a food processor, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, cucumber and 1/2 the roasted peppers (here's where I also added crushed red chili flakes -- approx 1 tsp -- we like it spicy!) Process until well combined. Add tomato juice and vinegar; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3To serve divide tomato mixture in bowls and top with shrimp and remaining roasted peppers. I also garnished with herbs from the garden, I used cilantro and a few garlic chives.
- 4Recipe is suppose to serve 4 -- maybe as a first course, but it served 2 large appetites as a main course tonight!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 421.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted sweet peppers