Recipe by Cookiegirlandi
I just love gazpacho! This is a different version I have come across. Must try! This is from the Bubba Gump cookbook.
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 4 tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled,chopped
- 1 (18 ounce) package cream cheese, cut 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain well; rinse with cold water.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Reserve 10 shrimp for garnish, if desired.
- Combine remaining shrimp, tomato juice, and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Garnish, if desired.