From the October 2007 issue of Midwest Living.
Make and share this Shrimp Fusilli With Sweet-Pea Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g dry fusilli
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g frozen uncooked large shrimp, without tails peeled and deveined, thawed (26-30 shrimp per pound count)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml frozen baby peas
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- 4.92 ml bottled minced garlic
- 59.14 ml loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 29.58 ml butter
- 9.85 ml white wine vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to pan to keep warm.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a 12-inch skillet. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add shrimp to hot oil. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. Remove shrimp from skillet; keep warm.
- Pesto: Add peas, broth, and garlic to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. In a food processor or blender, add pea mixture, mint, butter, and remaining salt. Cover and process/blend until smooth. Add vinegar; pulse to combine.
- Pour pesto over pasta and toss gently to combine. Top with shrimp.
- Serve immediately.