1/1 Photo of Shrimp Fusilli With Sweet-Pea Pesto
From the October 2007 issue of Midwest Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry fusilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs frozen uncooked large shrimp, without tails peeled and deveined, thawed (26-30 shrimp per pound count)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to pan to keep warm.
- 2Heat oil over medium-high heat in a 12-inch skillet. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add shrimp to hot oil. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. Remove shrimp from skillet; keep warm.
- 3Pesto: Add peas, broth, and garlic to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. In a food processor or blender, add pea mixture, mint, butter, and remaining salt. Cover and process/blend until smooth. Add vinegar; pulse to combine.
- 4Pour pesto over pasta and toss gently to combine. Top with shrimp.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Fusilli With Sweet-Pea Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 182.9 mg
- Sodium 617.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar