Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Midwest Living, October 2007
- 1 lb dried fusilli or 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked frozen shrimp, thawed peeled and deveined (26 to 30 shrimp per pound count)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside; keep warm.
- In a nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and black pepper.
- Add shrimp to skillet; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove shrimp from skillet; keep warm.
- For pesto: Add peas, broth and garlic to skillet.
- Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a food processor or blender, combine pea mixture, mint, butter and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Cover and process or blend until smooth.
- Add vinegar; pulse to combine.
- Pour pea mixture over fusilli; toss gently to combine.
- Top with shrimp.