Recipe by spatchcock
Great shrimp recipe! If you're not a spicy person, omit or decrease red pepper flakes.
Top Review by keather
This was fantastic! My husband is very picky and he loved it. I added mushrooms with the onions (of course this meant that I had to add a little more olive oil to the pan) and I also mixed in about 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and tossed with fusilli and parsley! All I have to say about this recipe is YUMMY!!!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 lb fusilli or 1 lb penne, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp, red pepper flakes and salt, cook stirring for ONLY 1 minute until shrimp is opaque (DO NOT COOK MORE THAN 1 MIN, SHRIMP WILL OVERCOOK).
- Add wine, boil for 30 seconds.
- Transfer shrimp and wine to bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in same skillet.
- Add onions, cook for 6-7 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, breaking up with spoon.
- Bring to a boil, boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in shrimp, cook for 1 minute.
- Toss with fusilli and parsley in large bowl.