Recipe by TasteTester
Pre-cooked shrimp combine with a few simple ingredients to make a fast and easy lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1 egg
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop shrimp. In bowl beat egg. Add shrimp, 2/3 of the onions, the flour, and 2 teaspoons of the seasoning.
- In large skillet heat 1/4 cup cooking oil over medium-high heat. In 1/3-cup portions, carefully drop about half of the shrimp mixture in hot oil; slightly flatten with spatula.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to paper towels; cover and keep warm. Cook remaining shrimp mixture.
- Shred 2 teaspoons of peel from the lime. Cut lime in half. Juice half of the peel into a bowl. Stir in peel, mayonnaise, remaining seasoning, and honey.
- Cut remaining lime half in wedges. Serve fritters with romaine, mayonnaise, and lime wedges.