Recipe by evelyn/athens
These are a great appetizer to have with a glass of wine.
Top Review by Melva Brewer
Thought this recipe was very different and also extremely GOOD! Put a different twist on shrimp. I usually make shrimp alfredo, and hated to not have a "bread" to go with the salad, but tired of the "usual yeast bread" or roll. This was very tasty!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 5 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled,deveined,chopped
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, onion, parsley, green onion, chili, garlic, thyme, vinegar and baking soda.
- Add milk and stir until smooth and sticky.
- Stir in shrimp and season generously.
- Heat vegetable oil.
- Scoop batter by heaping teaspoons and push off spoon into oil.
- Fry until golden-brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- (Can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate. Reheat in 350F oven for 20 minutes.) Serve with lemon wedges.