Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a co workers recepie! She says they are fantastic and always an appetizer at here holiday functions! Posted for safe keeping!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned, peeled and chopped
- 4 finely cjopped green onions
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small finely chopped chili pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- vegetable oil (for Frying)
- Cook shrimp in butter 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and chop up very small.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet and saute 3 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to potatoes and mix well.
- Stir in eggs then shrimp.
- Stir in enough bread crumbs to make mixture firm.
- Roll potato mixture into balls then roll balls into additional bread crumbs.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Heat oil in deep fryer.
- Fry balls for about 4 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 dozen small fritters! Enjoy!
These were so good. I made them as written and didn't change a thing. And I will make these again, and I won't change anything then either. I served these with Grilled Rum-Soaked Shrimp, and I thought them made a wonderful side dish. I could eat these as a main dish too though, perhaps with a spicy cocktail sauce or other dipping sauce. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Mandy ny.
I had never thought of making fritters with mashed potatoes and bread crumbs, but these actually turned out nice and were very tasty and crunchy on the outside! MY children gobbled these up so quickly and wanted me to make more for them! These would be really good with nice dipping sauce too. I made these for Spring PAC 2010, thanks!