Recipe by Mandy ny
This a co workers recepie! She says they are fantastic and always an appetizer at here holiday functions! Posted for safe keeping!
Top Review by NorthwestGal
These were so good. I made them as written and didn't change a thing. And I will make these again, and I won't change anything then either. I served these with Grilled Rum-Soaked Shrimp, and I thought them made a wonderful side dish. I could eat these as a main dish too though, perhaps with a spicy cocktail sauce or other dipping sauce. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Mandy ny.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned, peeled and chopped
- 4 finely cjopped green onions
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small finely chopped chili pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- vegetable oil (for Frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shrimp in butter 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and chop up very small.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet and saute 3 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to potatoes and mix well.
- Stir in eggs then shrimp.
- Stir in enough bread crumbs to make mixture firm.
- Roll potato mixture into balls then roll balls into additional bread crumbs.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Heat oil in deep fryer.
- Fry balls for about 4 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 dozen small fritters! Enjoy!