- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 garlic, cloved minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop shrimp, set aside.
- Beat flour and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in shrimp, onion, and next 3 ingredients; cover and chill 2 hours.
- Pour oil to a depth of 5 inches into a Dutch oven.
- When oil is hot, drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, and fry, in batches, 5 minutes or until golden.
- Drain fritters on paper towels.