Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
These are really good! You can purchase cooked shrimp for this and chop. These are really good, I also add in some Old Bay seasoning too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium uncooked tiger shrimp
- 5 -7 cups water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 3 -4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- louisiana hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
- oil (for frying)
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan; add in the unpeeled tiger shrimp (you might need a bit more water just to cover the shrimp) and cook for about 3 minutes or until just pink.
- Drain shrimp and plunge into cold or ice water.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, then coarsley chop.
- In a bowl beat the flour with baking powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, eggs and beer until smooth.
- Add in chopped shrimp, green onion, garlic and hot sauce to taste; cover and chill batter for about 3 hours.
- Add in oil to a heavy skillet to 375 degrees.
- Drop batter by tablespoons into hot oil; fry turning once until browned on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
Awesome recipe. My deep fryer didn't get up to heat where it should have been, but they still turned out great. Next time I will get the cooked shrimp to save time/trouble. Thank you!