Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are really good! You can purchase cooked shrimp for this and chop. These are really good, I also add in some Old Bay seasoning too!
Top Review by RHOS
Awesome recipe. My deep fryer didn't get up to heat where it should have been, but they still turned out great. Next time I will get the cooked shrimp to save time/trouble. Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium uncooked tiger shrimp
- 5 -7 cups water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 3 -4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- louisiana hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan; add in the unpeeled tiger shrimp (you might need a bit more water just to cover the shrimp) and cook for about 3 minutes or until just pink.
- Drain shrimp and plunge into cold or ice water.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, then coarsley chop.
- In a bowl beat the flour with baking powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, eggs and beer until smooth.
- Add in chopped shrimp, green onion, garlic and hot sauce to taste; cover and chill batter for about 3 hours.
- Add in oil to a heavy skillet to 375 degrees.
- Drop batter by tablespoons into hot oil; fry turning once until browned on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.