Recipe by smartblonde #2
From Kraft Food & Family. I adjusted this recipe a little. Very versatile. Original recipe called for 1/2 cup of peas which my husband hates. You could add any vegetable or seafood you wanted which is why I liked this one.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup smoked ham, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb frozen cooked shrimp, medium sized and thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain brown rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add ham, bacon and vegetables; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in rice, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and egg; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is set and ham mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.