Makes 4 generous 2 cup servings at 307 calories per serving. If you have cooked rice on hand, omit Step 1 and add 2 1/2 cups cooked rice to the pan in Step 5. This is from Eating Well Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces shrimp, raw small (51-60 per pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups snap peas, stringless (12 oz)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1Combine water and rice in a small saucepan; bring to boil over high heat;
- 2cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes; spread rice out on a large baking sheet to cool.
- 3Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- 4Heat 1 t canola oil in a large nonstick wok over medium-high heat; add eggs and cook, stirring to help break into smaller pieces, until just set, about 45 seconds; transfer the egg to a bowl.
- 5Add another 1 t canola oil to the wok and return to medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally until pink 1 1/2 to 2 minutes; transfer shrimp to bowl.
- 6Heat the remaining 2 t oil in the wok over medium-high heat; add ginger and cook, stirring, until gragrant about 30 seconds; stir in snap peas, bell pepper, carrots and scallions; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender crisp 3-4 minutes; stir in the rice and egg, and shrimp; cooking stirring until heated through about 1 minute.
- 7Remove from the heat and gently stir in the sauce mixture.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.2
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 698.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 15.9 g