Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
savory garlic-infused fried rice with shrimp, egg & veggies.
Make and share this Shrimp Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked white rice (refrigerated for at least a few hours, so it's crumbly)
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, peeled & diced
- 3 lbs cooked shrimp (tails off)
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cook white rice and refrigerate for at least a few hours (until dry & crumbly).
- saute garlic and green onions in oil, until fragrant.
- add cooked white rice.
- saute soy sauce and garlic powder with rice.
- push rice aside and scramble eggs (same pan).
- mix in rice with scrambled eggs, until egg shreds form.
- add carrots and green peas.
- add shrimp.
- saute all ingredients.
- add pepper to taste.
This is a great base recipe for fried rice. I used peanut oil in place of the vegetable oil for more depth of flavor. Thanks! Made for Spring 2011 PAC.
I just happened to have some shrimp in the freezer and rice waiting in the rice cooker when I found this recipe. I love fried rice, but have never made it myself. This dish was delicious! I will be making it again.