Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got some suggestions from my Korean friends at work on how to throw all of this together. I'm not much on pasta or rice BUT I like eerrrr LOVE this!
- 1 lb small shrimp
- 1 carrot
- 4 green onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups rice, best if cooked the day before & kept in the fridge
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, never have too much soy sauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons oil
- If your shrimp is frozen cook it in 2 Tablespoons oil. Cook till it is thawed and all the water is gone. Take out of pan.
- By hand or food processor (which I prefer) finely cut up your green onions, garlic and carrots.
- Put your shredded mix in with 3 Tablespoons oil, rice, soy sauce, salt.
- Cook stirring often till all if well heated and add your shrimp and eggs.
- Continue cooking till your vegetables are done.
- Serve with Soy sauce - like I said never enough soy sauce!
I had the rice along with Seared Scallops with Asian Lime-chile Sauce and it was excellent. I agree with the other poster that it is a good basic recipe and tastes authentic to me. I did add pea pods, and added the soy sauce in with the rice in the pan before serving. I served with the sauce from the scallops over the top, which made it extra special. Delicious!
My dh enjoyed this quick and easy to make rice dish very much. I used jumbo shrimps and chopped them up. Next time I will add more seasonings as I personally found it bland. Thank you for sharing.
This was great and really authentic-tasting!