Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a healthy version of a classic takeout favorite. Delicious! Recipe Source: Reader's Digest
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 2⁄3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- In a nonstick pan, heat peanut oil.
- Add garlic and green onion.
- Saute until soft, or for about three minutes.
- Add rice, shrimp, and water chestnuts.
- Saute for another one minute.
- Add broth or water, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover pan.
- cook until all ingredients are warm, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on almonds.
Very tasty recipe and I love the fact that it is lower in fat. I followed your recipe exactly as written and it was very good. Thanks for submitting.
Better than take-out! This was an easy recipe to cut in half. I had a great dinner and it tasted even better reheated for lunch the next day. Thanks for sharing.
My family of three liked this. I used precooked shrimp and had a nice dinner ready - quick! I didn't use all of the green onion, but ended up thinking it lacked a little flavor, so I would add it all. If you like salty, add a little more soy sauce. My 8 year old has asked for shrimp every dinner since. Thanks