Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
A very easy recipe from the Executive Chef at Trattoria Via Veneto! Serve as an appetizer or entree.
- 20 medium shrimp
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ounces brandy
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces 35% cream
- 5 ounces fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- Peel shrimp, leaving tail on& cut halfway lengthwise to butterfly them.
- Heat oil in a medium sized frying pan; add shrimp& brown lightly.
- Throw out oil and flambe shrimp with garlic& brandy.
- Add remaining ingredients& cook for 5 minutes.
- Place shrimp on a serving platter; continue cooking sauce for another 2 minutes to reduce.
- Pour over shrimp& serve immediately.
Country Lady- these we a huge hit at my dinner party. I got shrimp already marinated in garlic and butter and they were already butterflied with the tails on. (great appitizer from M & M )So half the work was done already.I just followed the recipe from step 2 and served them in small lasagna boat style dish to each quest. Loved them - this is a keeper. thanks again
I tried this recipe tonight and it met rave reviews! I used the frozen and spiced shrimp as well to cut down my time in the kitchen. It turned out beautifully, and was so flavorful! You can tell that this is a restaurant recipe, it tastes so fresh. Thanks for sharing, CountryLady!