1/1 Photo of Shrimp Fra Diavolo With Linguine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (31-35 per pound)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup cognac or 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb linguine
- 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley
- 1Heat a 12 inch skillet over high heat for 4 minutes.
- 2Toss shrimp with 1/2 of the red pepper flakes, 2T oil, 3/4 t salt.
- 3Add shrimp to hot skillet quickly arrange in single layer sear until bottom of shrimp forms small spots of crust about 30 seconds.
- 4Remove from heat and turn shrimp over and add cognac pause until cognac has warmed up slightly about 5 seconds,return to high heat ignite cognac shaking pan when flames are out about 15-30 seconds later pour shrimp into bowl set aside.
- 5Allow skillet to cool return to burner over low heat add 3T oil, 3T garlic; sauté until sticky about 7-10 minutes.
- 6Add the rest of the red pepper flakes, 3/4t salt, sugar, tomatoes, and wine; heat on medium high and then simmer until thickened, about 8 minutes.
- 7Stir in shrimp with accumulated juices, remaining 1T garlic and parsley; simmer until shrimp is heated through, about 1 minute.
- 8Take off heat stir in 1T olive oil.
- 9Cook pasta in salted water save 1/3 cup pasta water; drain.
- 10In a pot add pasta 1/2 cup sauce (no shrimp) add 2-3T pasta water toss.
- 11Put some pasta on plates top with sauce and shrimp.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Fra Diavolo With Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.5
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 3227.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 40.2 g