- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce (29 oz)
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- to taste pasta, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil for 3 minutes;
- add remaining ingredients, except shrimp and pasta. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and simmer until shrimp are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Cook pasta of choice according to directions, drain, and top with sauce.
- We topped this dish with shredded cheddar cheese and black olives.