Absolutely fabulous! A dish that can be as mild or as spicy as you like. Found in 4/02 issue of Saveur.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 16 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 3 shallots, peeled & chopped (optional)
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved (about 6 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 2/3 cups dry white wine
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves from chopped
- black pepper
- 1/2 lb linguine
- 2 sprigs parsley, leaves from chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 3 min per side.
- 3Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 4Add garlic and shallots to skillet and cook until soft, 3-5 min.
- 5Add cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes, wine, oregano.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally and reducing heat if liquid starts to boil too rapidly, until cherry tomatos are soft and sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- 7Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until just tender.
- 8Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- 9Add parsley, red pepper flakes, pasta, pasta water, shrimp to skillet and toss well.
- 10Divide pasta between 2-4 warm plates, arranging half the shrimp in center of each plate.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1073.9
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 538.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: