Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Absolutely fabulous! A dish that can be as mild or as spicy as you like. Found in 4/02 issue of Saveur.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 16 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 3 shallots, peeled & chopped (optional)
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved (about 6 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 2⁄3 cups dry white wine
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves from chopped
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 2 sprigs parsley, leaves from chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 3 min per side.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic and shallots to skillet and cook until soft, 3-5 min.
- Add cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes, wine, oregano.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally and reducing heat if liquid starts to boil too rapidly, until cherry tomatos are soft and sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until just tender.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Add parsley, red pepper flakes, pasta, pasta water, shrimp to skillet and toss well.
- Divide pasta between 2-4 warm plates, arranging half the shrimp in center of each plate.
loved this recipe, but made it without pasta, just added shrimp and red pepper to the tomatoes at the end.Only had 10 cherry tomatoes, but loved it anyways.