Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
A pretty quick and easy version of an Italian favorite. The addition of sautéed mushrooms adds to the depth of the dish.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti (or your favorite pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 10 oz.)
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups marinara sauce (pick your favorite)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can use more if you like a spicier dish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- parsley sprig (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to pan and sauté 6 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper; bring to a simmer.
- Cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Serve over pasta. Garnish with parsley sprigs if desired.
The only way you could go wrong with this recipe, is to not use a good marinara sauce! Used my own marinara sauce and made it exactly as posted. Would definitely make again and again. Thanks for posting a great easy recipe.