Recipe by HealthNut #2
I'm no gourmet chef but this was out of this world delicious. It's from "Everyday Italian" cookbook. It can be served with Pasta or by itself.
Top Review by guatetaliana
Loved it! Didn't even have clam broth or fish stock. I squeezed in some lemon, and it was still fabulous. Served it over linguine and made some garlic bread to dip in the leftover sauce. It was even a hit with my toddler!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (or sea)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup clam broth or 1⁄2 cup juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley, divided use
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided use
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl,toss shrimp with salt and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- In a 10 inch skillet,heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of shrimp and saute until almost cooked through. Remove from pan. Repeat with another tablespoon oil and remaining shrimp. Remove pan from shrimp and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in skillet,reducing heat to medium. Add onion and saute 4 minutes,then add garlic and saute 2 minutes. Pour wine into pan,bring to boil and cook 2 minutes. Then add clam broth, undrained tomatoes,dried oregano and half of parsley and basil. Stir about 2 minutes until shrimp is cooked through. Taste and add a little more crushed pepper if needed or desired.