Recipe by SJM
I was fumbling around the kitchen today looking for a quick bite to eat. When my kids aren't here is when I get to experiment. This is an easy shrimp recipe. Most of the ingredients are pre-cooked which saves on clean up time.
Top Review by kansbaker
I got some cooked shrimp on sale and found this recipe to try.This was so good and pretty also.I used roasted red bell pepper.Also added some mushroom and 2c.chopped broccoli cooked.This served two.Thanks SJM
- 8 -10 large cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper (red and green)
- 3 slices cooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of minced onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1⁄4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet add the olive oil, garlic, crushed red peppers and minced onion flakes.
- Heat on medium high heat for 5 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
- In a separate sauce pan cook the fettuccine noodles per package directions.
- Add the chopped red and green peppers to the skillet and saute for another couple minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the shrimp and bacon.
- Cook the shrimp until most of the liquid is gone (about 10 minutes).
- When the noodles are done, drain them and place them on an oven safe plate.
- Spoon out the shrimp mixture onto the noodles and sprinkle the parmesan cheese and italian seasoning on top.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over all and place under the broiler at 500 degrees until the mozzarella just begins to melt.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.