Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 fluid ounces bottled water
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb bean sprouts
- 1 cup small shrimp, cooked
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- ----FOO YUNG----.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs well and add drained bean sprouts.
- If using fresh sprouts (which are the best) blanch them by placing them in a covered skillet with a few teaspoons of water for just a few minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, onion, salt, pepper and shrimp to eggs.
- Cook like small pancakes in a small amount of oil.
- Pour warm sauce over the foo yung and serve with fried rice.