Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick,attractive and healthy dish.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb pasta (Vermicelli)
- Heat oil.
- Saute half of the shrimp to use as garnish, reserve shrimp.
- Add cut up tomato with juice,spinach and cook,until spinach wilts (2 min.).
- Chop remaining shrimp and add to the spinach mixture.
- Cook 3 min.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Toss with pasta and add shrimp garnish and serve.
Wow, what an easy and delicious meal! We were going camping (pop-up) at the lake on Friday during lent and planned to have shrimp scampi. I got to thinking about the spinach we were growing and wondered if I could use it with the shrimp, so searched for "shrimp Florentine". This recipe seemed to be the simplest, and I had all the ingredients, so didn't have to shop. We had it with angel hair pasta rather than the vermicelli and it was just wonderful, served with a side salad and garlic bread. Yes, I did say we were camping...it's just that easy! I've since shared with several folks at work and will DEFINITELY be making this one again...may even try it at home!