Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I cut this out of a magazine a LONG time ago and it's one of my husband and I's favorite stand-by dishes! Don't be afraid of the garlic. The roasting mellows it out. I usually add even more than stated and he and I fight over every last one of them.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled (I add more!)
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (fresh, grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I use LOTS more!)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed (can use frozen but squeeze it dry!)
- 4 cups cooked linguine, hot (recipe calls for 8 ounces but I do full pound)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare garlic: combine 1/2 t kosher salt and garlic in a bowl. Place garlic mixture on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- To prepare shrimp: heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; saute' 3 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Stir in half and half, broth, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper, and black pepper. Cook 1 minute or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp and spinach; cook 1 minute. Combine shrimp mixture, garlic mixture, and pasta in a large bowl; toss well.
This was awesome. Tossed it with Basmati rice instead of pasta. This is a "company's coming" recipe.
Wow, this was good. I also roasted additional garlic cloves and increased the heat factor. Served over basmati rice with shitake mushrooms. Thanks for posting!