I cut this out of a magazine a LONG time ago and it's one of my husband and I's favorite stand-by dishes! Don't be afraid of the garlic. The roasting mellows it out. I usually add even more than stated and he and I fight over every last one of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (fresh, grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I use LOTS more!)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed (can use frozen but squeeze it dry!)
- 4 cups cooked linguine, hot (recipe calls for 8 ounces but I do full pound)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2To prepare garlic: combine 1/2 t kosher salt and garlic in a bowl. Place garlic mixture on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- 3To prepare shrimp: heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; saute' 3 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp from pan.
- 4Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Stir in half and half, broth, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper, and black pepper. Cook 1 minute or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp and spinach; cook 1 minute. Combine shrimp mixture, garlic mixture, and pasta in a large bowl; toss well.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Florentine With Caramelized Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 169.8 mg
- Sodium 1258.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 30.1 g