Another one I've saved over the years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb small shrimp, uncooked, peeled, deveined and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces mushrooms, shopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten to blend (glaze)
- peanut oil (for deep frying)
Basil Cream Sauce
- 1Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, shallot and garlic and toss until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, stock, vinegar and salt and cook until shrimp are pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in ricotta, 1/3 cup Parmesan, lime juice and basil, adding more Parmesan if liquid remains. Cool. (Can be prepared several hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 2Set won ton wrapper on surface. Place 1 heaping teaspoon shrimp mixture in center. Brush edges with glaze. Bring corners and sides to center; twist top. Repeat with remaining won ton wrappers and shrimp mixture.
- 3Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F Fry pockets (in batches; do not crowd) until crisp and brown, about 1 minute. Remove using slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Divide pockets amount plates. Spoon sauce around.
- 4For Sauce:.
- 5Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and stir until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp-Filled Dumplings in Basil Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.8
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.7 mg
- Sodium 623.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar