Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My first good dish in college. I made it for friends and dates. Was also the first meal my husband and I cooked together on one of our first dates. We've been married for 14 years. So the rest is history.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium raw shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, crushed or 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -6 green onions with tops, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Remove shells, clean and devein and remove tails from shrimp.
- Fill large pot with water and place on high burner to bring to a boil for the fettucini.
- Place oven rack at top position about 5 inches from top.
- Heat oven on broil.
- Melt butter in broiler pan (without rack) in oven or in 9x13 inch non-metallic dish.
- Take pan out of oven.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for shrimp and fettucini and cheeses.
- Add the shrimp and arrange in a single layer.
- Broil 5 minutes 4-5 inches from the heat.
- Meanwhile, put fettucini into boiling water and cook according to the directions on package.
- After 5 minutes take out pan and turn each shrimp over and broil for 5-10 minutes more (shrimp will curl up and turn pink).
- Fettucini should be cooked and drained in a colander (don't rinse) and put back into the pot.
- Pour the shrimp with butter sauce and veggies over the fettucini.
- Toss it all together with the cheeses.
- Serve it hot after cheese is melted.
Yummy! Can't go wrong with shrimp and garlic! Absolutely delicious! Followed recipe exactly would'nt change a thing! Thanks for a great recipe southern_gal12000, my whole family loved it at it is a keeper!