Recipe by southern_gal12000
My first good dish in college. I made it for friends and dates. Was also the first meal my husband and I cooked together on one of our first dates. We've been married for 14 years. So the rest is history.
Top Review by RecipeNut
Yummy! Can't go wrong with shrimp and garlic! Absolutely delicious! Followed recipe exactly would'nt change a thing! Thanks for a great recipe southern_gal12000, my whole family loved it at it is a keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium raw shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, crushed or 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -6 green onions with tops, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove shells, clean and devein and remove tails from shrimp.
- Fill large pot with water and place on high burner to bring to a boil for the fettucini.
- Place oven rack at top position about 5 inches from top.
- Heat oven on broil.
- Melt butter in broiler pan (without rack) in oven or in 9x13 inch non-metallic dish.
- Take pan out of oven.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for shrimp and fettucini and cheeses.
- Add the shrimp and arrange in a single layer.
- Broil 5 minutes 4-5 inches from the heat.
- Meanwhile, put fettucini into boiling water and cook according to the directions on package.
- After 5 minutes take out pan and turn each shrimp over and broil for 5-10 minutes more (shrimp will curl up and turn pink).
- Fettucini should be cooked and drained in a colander (don't rinse) and put back into the pot.
- Pour the shrimp with butter sauce and veggies over the fettucini.
- Toss it all together with the cheeses.
- Serve it hot after cheese is melted.