Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fast and easy one that will taste as if you fussed.
Make and share this Shrimp Fettuccini recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- In lg skillet, saute onions, peppers and garlic in oil.
- Mix flour and cream until smooth; add to skillet, stirring.
- Add seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp and basil.
- Simmer, uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
This was extremely easy to make! I added a bit of milk to the mixture because it was a bit too thick for my liking. I also didn't add any green peppers because I don't much like them. It turned out yummy and I'm looking forwards to eating the leftovers!
This was really mmmmmmmmmmm delicious. Even my 4 year old picky son ate and enjoyed this. It was so easy to make and quick, too. I had to substitute a red pepper for the green one and heavy cream thinned with milk for the light cream for lack of having the others on hand. The red peppers gave it a nice colour, by the way. We are definitely going to make this one again. Thanks MizzNezz for this wonderful recipe!