Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was in search for an amazing pasta dish to WOW my husband with. This certainly did the trick!
Make and share this Shrimp Fettuccine in Garlic Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 cups shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 6 fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pan, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to pkg directions. I add about 1 tbl olive oil to my pasta water too.
- As soon as you put the pasta water on to boil, heat 3 tbl olive oil in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Gently saute the whole garlic cloves until each clove is just golden brown and easily pieced with a fork. Remove garlic cloves and on a cutting board mash cloves with a fork and mix with anchovy paste. Turn burner off.
- As soon your pasta water begins to boil and you've added the pasta, reheat the sauce pan of oil. Return mashed garlic/anchovy paste to the warm olive oil and simmer for a minute. Add basil and green onions, gently stir, making sure the mashed garlic is distributed and simmer for about 1-2 minutes. Add cream, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Add shrimp and simmer for less then a minute. Toss shrimp and sauce with drained pasta and serve.
This was fabulous! I did change it a bit though. No anchovy paste ( I never have that on hand), and I added a splash of white wine. I omitted the onions, and used minced jarred garlic in place of whole. Overall, fastastic! Thanks!