Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was in search for an amazing pasta dish to WOW my husband with. This certainly did the trick!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 cups shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 6 fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pan, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to pkg directions. I add about 1 tbl olive oil to my pasta water too.
- As soon as you put the pasta water on to boil, heat 3 tbl olive oil in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Gently saute the whole garlic cloves until each clove is just golden brown and easily pieced with a fork. Remove garlic cloves and on a cutting board mash cloves with a fork and mix with anchovy paste. Turn burner off.
- As soon your pasta water begins to boil and you've added the pasta, reheat the sauce pan of oil. Return mashed garlic/anchovy paste to the warm olive oil and simmer for a minute. Add basil and green onions, gently stir, making sure the mashed garlic is distributed and simmer for about 1-2 minutes. Add cream, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Add shrimp and simmer for less then a minute. Toss shrimp and sauce with drained pasta and serve.
This was fabulous! I did change it a bit though. No anchovy paste ( I never have that on hand), and I added a splash of white wine. I omitted the onions, and used minced jarred garlic in place of whole. Overall, fastastic! Thanks!