1/2 Photos of Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo over Spinach Noodles
This was the only dish my father ever made, but it was so rich tasting, he fooled everyone into thinking he could cook! His trick was a bit of blue cheese in the alfredo sauce. I prefer shrimp in this dish, but chicken would work as well. If you opt for shrimp, use jumbo large shrimp so that they can stand-up against this thick sauce and spinach noodles. This dish is fairly simple with few ingredients... but make sure that your serving dishes, tools and ingredients are prepped beforehand in order to help with fast timing. Shrimp and fresh pasta are easy to over-cook (Or is that just me?).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39-226.79 g of fresh spinach fettuccine
- 226.79-340.19 g jumbo shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
- your favorite thick alfredo sauce (Or you can make your own)
- 29.58-59.16 ml blue cheese (divided)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh parmesan cheese
- 9.85 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1Get your pasta water boiling and add a pinch of salt.
- 2In a saucepan, warm (or create) your alfredo sauce over med-low heat, stirring occasionally. (About 7-10 minutes).
- 3Add a pinch (about 1 - 2 tbl depending on taste) of blue cheese to your alfredo sauce, stir and turn the heat down to low.
- 4Add your spinach noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- 5In a saute pan, melt tbl of butter and begin to lightly brown your shrimp over med to med-high heat.
- 6Salt and Pepper the shrimp and remove from the heat when cooked. Keep them warm in the pan.
- 7Quickly drain and plate the fettuccini noodles.
- 8Pour the alfredo sauce over the noodles, sprinkling blue cheese to-taste over the top.
- 9Add your shrimp and serve with Freshly grated Parmesan cheese and cracked pepper!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo over Spinach Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 226.6 mg
- Sodium 1843.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 26.3 g