Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was the only dish my father ever made, but it was so rich tasting, he fooled everyone into thinking he could cook! His trick was a bit of blue cheese in the alfredo sauce. I prefer shrimp in this dish, but chicken would work as well. If you opt for shrimp, use jumbo large shrimp so that they can stand-up against this thick sauce and spinach noodles. This dish is fairly simple with few ingredients... but make sure that your serving dishes, tools and ingredients are prepped beforehand in order to help with fast timing. Shrimp and fresh pasta are easy to over-cook (Or is that just me?).
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb of fresh spinach fettuccine
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb jumbo shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
- your favorite thick alfredo sauce (Or you can make your own)
- 2 -4 tablespoons blue cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Get your pasta water boiling and add a pinch of salt.
- In a saucepan, warm (or create) your alfredo sauce over med-low heat, stirring occasionally. (About 7-10 minutes).
- Add a pinch (about 1 - 2 tbl depending on taste) of blue cheese to your alfredo sauce, stir and turn the heat down to low.
- Add your spinach noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- In a saute pan, melt tbl of butter and begin to lightly brown your shrimp over med to med-high heat.
- Salt and Pepper the shrimp and remove from the heat when cooked. Keep them warm in the pan.
- Quickly drain and plate the fettuccini noodles.
- Pour the alfredo sauce over the noodles, sprinkling blue cheese to-taste over the top.
- Add your shrimp and serve with Freshly grated Parmesan cheese and cracked pepper!
This is really good and so easy! By using the larger amounts listed this made enough for 3 people - just perfect for us. Thanks for sharing this keeper!
Very nice! I cheated and used Ragu Alfredo and store bought frozen baby shrimp. Loved the bite of the blue cheese. Comfort food! YOU could easily sub chicken and I will make this often. A keeper! Your father is my kind of cook! Thanks
I want to say "Thanks" to your father! This was terrific, and I had to use sun-dried tomato fettuccine as I could not find the other in the store, but it came out wonderful and the addition of the bleu cheese made a ton of difference! Nice job, AK! :)