Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple but elegant, with mushrooms and tomatos for additional color and flavor. It's a modification of my 100% Italian grandma's recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 pint 1% low-fat milk
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- Cook Fettucine according to package instructions.
- Simultaneously, saute mushrooms over medium-low heat with a little bit of garlic.
- I use olive oil cooking spray to cut down on fat.
- Add the shrimp to warm them after the mushrooms have been on a few minutes.
- Melt the margarine (butter works great as well).
- When melted, stir in the cream and milk.
- Add the cheese.
- Continue to stir to minimize seperation.
- It will be quite runny as it thickens over the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot.
- Immediately pour the sauce over the pasta (you will have a bit too much) and then add the tomatos, shrimp and mushrooms.
- Stir for a minute or so, until the sauce thickens.
I loved this recipe! If you are going to "cook", how could you use 'jarred' sauce? Anything made with 'prepared foods are "mediocre", at best. That's why my family almost never eats out. We can almost always make it taste much better at home with fresh 'real' ingredients. Please keep cooking at home!!! S.R.Z.