Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Thick and Creamy! The sauce is just like the tasty alfredo sauces in italian restaurants. Easy and very well flavored. We enjoy this quite often either with shrimp or chicken. The bits of a plum tomato on top blends well with the creamy sauce and adds flavor. A pretty and wonderful dish!!!
Top Review by Oznor
This is not my idea of an alfredo sauce. The taste of cream cheese overwhelms all other ingredients... and I like cream cheese. If you want melted cream cheese on your pasta, you might like this. Otherwise I would suggest trying a different recipe, our even alfredo sauce from a jar.
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 plum tomato (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan melt butter, cream and cheeses. Add garlic powder.
- Simmer on very low heat for 5 minutes. Add cooked and drained noodles. If you desire a thinner sauce, add more cream.
- Place in serving dishes and add cooked shrimp. Sprinkle with tomato which has been cut into tiny cubes.
- Time does not include time for shrimp or noodles.
- A pretty dish!