Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Jo Cooks
Make and share this Shrimp Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 gigantor shrimp (or 16 large shrimp)
- 1 tablespoon cajun spices (ingredients below)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cajun spice together.
- Clean the shrimp and season with 1 tbsp of cajun spice.
- Drizzle the flour over the shrimp and toss in a bowl to make sure each shrimp is covered in flour.
- In a deep skillet add butter and olive oil and heat over high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook on each side about 2 min until crisp.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet add chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Season with additional cajun spice if preferred.
- Cook until sauce thickens a bit from the heavy cream, then add Parmesan cheese and whisk.
- Add fettuccine and shrimp to the sauce and toss.