Recipe by breezermom
This recipe is from Chef Henry Douglas from the Mobile Admiral Semmes Hotel. This fettucine is rich and silky, and the brandy adds something different to the dish.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Mmmmm, this was wonderful. We really enjoyed the shrimp prepared this way. Made exactly as written, but used fresh fettuccine noodles. The pasta was perfectly coated with the lovely sauce and the shrimp was wonderful. Made fyc tag game.
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spinach fettuccine
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 3⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, ground, to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add fettucine and return to a boil for 3-4 minutes, or until pasta is cooked but still firm--al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to a large warm bowl, add 1/4 cup oil, and toss gently. Cover and set aside.
- Pour remaining oil in a large skillet and place over medium heat. When hot, add shrimp and saute 1 minute.
- Add garlic and brandy and saute for 2 minutes. Add cream, cooked fettuccine, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese, tossing well.