Recipe by CATE SMITH
My mother's recipe, will fill you to the brim, very rich.
Top Review by April1
Okay, this was my VERY first time ever having shrimp. My DH said it would be better for me to try it for the first time in something instead of just dipping it in cocktail sauce so he made this. This was very good the only problem that we had was the amount of jalapeno peppers that it calls for is too over powering for this dish, so next time we will be reducing it by half. We also added sliced zucchini which gave it a nice dish. We will definitely make this again, thanks for sharing.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions, bell pepper, celery in butter.
- Add flour, parsley and shrimp cook 15 minutes.
- Add jalapeños, Velveeta, half-and-half, and garlic cook 15 minutes.
- Combine with cooked noodles, mix thoroughly.
- place in deep casserole pan, cover with parmesan cheese and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.