Recipe by Misty Bryant
A rich and colorful fettuccine that will be a hit at your next dinner or party. My Creole aunt shared this recipe with me after I married, told me THIS was the way to a mans heart!
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (Tony's)
- 1 cup parsley (or 1/4 cup dried parsley)
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thin match sticks (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Add flour and blend.
- Add wine, salt, pepper, seasoning, garlic, parsley, and zucchini.
- Cook on Med fire for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cook fettuccine according to directions (drain).
- Add shrimp and cream to butter mixture and simmer until shrimp are cooked (about 12 minutes).
- Mix shrimp mixture with fettuccine.
- Add green onions, parmesan, and cheddar.
- Cook on low and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve while hot.