Recipe by sweetstef
I saw this recipe in a Women's Health magazine, tried it, and absolutely fell in love with it. It's the perfect summer salad - super healthy, not at all heavy and really fills you up. It says that its 4 portions but i think it's actually only 3, especially if you're eating it as a main dish. Try it, i promise you'll love it!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Here's another wonderful salad that I'll be adding to my summer-time salad rotation, & another time I'd double the recipe so we would have left-overs for another day! Really enjoyed the combo of shrimp & the bulgur! Thanks much for sharing the recipe for this unusual & nice salad! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef]
- 2⁄3 cup bulgur (usually found near rice in supermarkets)
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 12 ounces shrimp, cooked
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine bulgur, water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until tender, about 12-15 minutes Drain any excess water and let cool.
- Place chopped shrimp in large serving bowl. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and fresh ground pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cucumber, tomatoes, onion, parsley, oil and feta. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Stir in cooled bulgur and toss.