Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
fresh, flavorful and filling
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano leaves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby greens, washed and rinsed
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- in a bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. add shrimp to marinade, stirring to coat well.
- marinate shrimp, covered and chilled, 1 hour. prepare grill pan.
- meanwhile, cook orzo according to package instrucktions. transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- for the dressing, combine all six ingeredients in a blender until emulified.
- when orzo is cool, stir in feta, tomato, scallions, and parsley leaves. add dressing to taste and toss well. season with salt and pepper.
- remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. grill shrimp until just cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- using tongs, remove shrimp from grill pan and toss gently with orzo mixture.
- line salad bowls with baby greens and fill with orzo salad.
This was really good. The only things I did different were to add some diced cucumbers and some yellow pepper. I also used more orzo & shrimp than the recipe called for, so I doubled the dressing.
I made a few changes to this one but it was really enjoyable all the same. Firstly I went and brought cooked prawns as the green prawns were way too large for a salad, therefore I skipped on the marinating on these. I also used 2 tomatoes and a upped the pasta to 1 cup. The flavours were fab...an enjoyable lunch on a hot summers day. Reviewed for Fall 2008 PAC