Recipe by Bobbie
This was served at a function we attended a few years ago. It was very tasty. I'm hoping to make it soon and think I will try and make my own alfredo sauce instead of using the packages. This can also be made a day ahead and refrigerated until time to bake.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta, uncooked (bow tie pasta)
- 2 (1 5/8 ounce) packages alfredo sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb medium mushroom
- 12 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese (can use more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring 3 quarts water, the salt and vegetable oil to a boil. Add pasta a stir with fork to separate pieces. Return water to a boil and cook approximately 9 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain well. Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare Alfredo sauce as package label directs using 1 1/2 cups milk. Stir in lemon zest, cover and set aside.
- Peel shrimp; discard shells. Devein shrimp. Rinse well; drain and set aside.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel. Slice into thin slices; set aside.
- Rinse spinach under cold water to remove all traces of dirt and sand. Remove thick stems; tear larger leaves into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute about 3 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Stir in spinach. Cover, cook about 1 minute until spinach is just wilted.
- Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to a large bowl. Add drained, cooked pasta, the Alfredo sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon into 2 quart baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- At this point, the casserole can be coverd and refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking.
- If casserole has not been refrigerated, place on center rack of oven and bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- If casserole has been refrigerated, uncover and bake 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.