Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Although I haven't made this yet I am planning on making soon as it seems like a great quick and easy low calorie supper. Recipe Source: local newspaper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved vertically and cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cored,seeded,and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- 1 tomatoes, seeded,sliced into strips
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, stemed and chopped
- 4 flour tortillas, lightly toasted (to toast tortillas, heat them in a dry skillet over medium heat about 30 seconds on each side or unt)
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted and sliced into small strips,to garnish
- sour cream, to garnish (optional)
- salsa, to garnish
- Heat oil in large skillet ove medium high heat and add onon and bell pepper slices along with cumin and red pepper flakes and cook for about 4 minutes or until onion and pepper are tender and soft.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook for one more minute.
- Add shrimp, tomato and lime juice, and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly or until shrimp is pink.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas and garnish with avocado slices, sour cream and/or salsa (if desired).
Loved it! Reminded me of my favorite restaurant fajitas! Will definitely make again!
tried this recipe for the first time and loved it. added a little more seasoning & also added red pepper. quick & easy.
Delicious, Shrimp Fajitas. I used yellow bell peppers as this is what I had on hand also added an extra, small tomato. Served them with avocado, sour cream and my homemade salsa. I will be making these again & soon.