Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Grew up with this recipe. Easy, quick and good.
Make and share this Shrimp Etouffee (A-2-Fay) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 3⁄4-3 1⁄2 cups water
- creole seasoning or salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Melt butter in heavy skillet, Saute onion and bell pepper, Add garlic, Add tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and seasoning, Cook until shrimp are pink, Serve over cooked rice.
This is realy good easy and fast, I just added some tabasco sauce!